“The essays can be the most important components of your application.”
—Johns Hopkins University Admissions
In a highly-competitive field, Success Story offers coaching and a personalized writing workshop to help students
- Write outstanding essays sharing their authentic self
- Share best qualities that match what schools want
- Find the right stories to tell
- Structure their time to finish essays
- Master techniques for future college writing
Here’s what students accomplish with Success Story
- Work on a weekly schedule with tasks designed to their writing needs. I assess writing strengths and gaps, then set students up on an efficient schedule with individualized exercises to finish their essays. My personalized exercises help generate ideas and revise writing with purpose and audience in mind. The once-weekly coaching sessions teach writing strategies and review progress with notes, outlines, and drafts.
- Pick unique incidents that colleges want to know. I help students select stories that best represent them. Using future plans and skill sets we discuss what colleges say they want and highlight key and convincing personal details that match the school profile.
- Write compelling, convincing essays. I will help students create a narrative arc that engages a reader, share specific details that resonate, and elaborate to explain why they matter. We present a student’s authentic self while sharing best qualities and achievements suited to the college communities you seek.
- Implement meaningful feedback. My detailed line edits address evidence, claims, storytelling elements, grammar and mechanics, helping students take their writing to the next level.
Learn more about Services